Magento Product Search Plugin for Joomla
A search plugin for Joomla that uses the Magento API to return Magento product names, descriptions and links to buy products match the search keyword used in the Joomla search.
How to install
- In Magento, click on System -> Web Services -> Roles.
- Create a new role that only has read access to your catalog like this:
- Save the role and go to System -> Web Services -> Users.
- Add New User
- Input all the information including your choice of username and password (key). Be sure to click on the roles tab and select the role you created. Save the user.
- In Joomla click on Extensions -> Install.
- Install the Joomla Products Search Plugin zip file.
- Go to Extensions -> Plugins
- Find the new Magento Products Search plugin and click on it to configure it.
- Type in the Magento Username and Password you created in Magento.
- Type in the root url for your Magento store (not including trailing slash).
- Publish the plugin and click save. (Take caution - if you misstype any of the connection info, it will cause your site search not to function.)
- When people search for keywords that are in your products, your Magento products will be supplied within your Joomla search results.
Click here to watch the instruction video that explains how to install the plugin and also demonstrates it working: