1. First, make sure to create the Article (page) you want the menu item to link to. (To create a page, click on Content and select Article Manager. Click on New.)
2. Next, create the menu item. Click on Menus and select the menu you want to work with (usually Main Menu). Click on New and select Articles and select Article Layout.
3. Enter a title in the Title box.
4. In the Parent Item box, select the top level menu item you want to place the submenu (or dropdown menu) under. For example, if you want to create Staff menu item under the About Us menu, select "About Us" as the parent item.
5. In the Parameters section, click the Select button next to the Select Article box. Locate and select the article you want the menu item to link to.
6. Click the Save button to save the menu item.