This component enables your visitors on your site to find your locations on a map.
1. The first step in setting up mapped locations is to create a map category, such as "Branches." Click on Components, select WebMapPlus, and select Categories.
2. Click New and enter a name for the Category. Save the category.
3. Create a menu item for the category you just created. This is how people will access the map. Click on Menus and select the menu you want to work with (usually Main Menu). Click on New and select Webmap+ -> Locations Map and select Standard Locations Map Layout. Note that there are other layouts available such as a search.
4. Enter a name for the menu item, such as "Branches" or "Locations" in the Title box. Save the menu item.
5. You can add attributes, which is useful if you want to highlight characteristics of locations, such as a bank may distinguish which branch locations have atm access or teller services. To create an attribute, click on Components, select WebMapPlus, and select Attributes. Click New and select thet type (ie, Web link, Phone number, text field, etc). Specify display settings and save the attribute.
6. To create locations, do one of the following:
- To manually create a new location: This is the recommended method, unless you have hundreds of locations, since uploading the CSV can be challenging.
- Click on Components, select WebMapPlus, and select Locations.
- Click New and enter information for the location. If you provide street addresses, they must be complete and in the correct format in order for Google to recognize and place the markers in the correct location. If you do not provide street addresses, the markers will be placed in a general location (usually the city center) based on the city and zip code.
- If you created attributes, select the attributes you want to display.
- Save the location.
- Repeat for each location you want to create.
- To upload locations via CSV:
- Click on Components, select WebMapPlus, and select Upload/Download CSV.
- Download the sample CSV file provided. Use this as a template for your CSV which you will upload. To add additional fields to the CSV file, create new attributes. Once you create an attribute, and then download the Sample CSV files, the attribute will be added as a field.
- Click the Browse button, locate and select the CSV file you want to upload, and click Open.
- Save the changes. Note that if you are adding new locations, you can load the new locations via CSV; however, if you are replacing or editing those locations already in the system, click on Locations tab, select all locations, and delete them before uploading the file.
**Note that if you load an address or city name that Google does not know, it will place the pointer for that location at 0,0, which is off the coast of Africa.